THE TANNER FAMILY

Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh, for the love of... LUNCH

My little mess maker. She looks so innocent after dumping the remainder of her lunch on the floor... don't be fooled.
This is actually not that big of a mess. At least this time it was only the remains of a peanut butter sandwich... sometimes it is a lot messier.

I have to say, lunchtime is one of my least favorite times of the day. Brooke doesn't like any lunch foods... aside from chips and dessert. Autumn likes to eat, but makes a BIG mess whenever she does. I have the hardest time figuring out what to make, and then it takes about an hour to finish our lunchtime meal. I have to end up feeding Brooke, because she won't take the initiative to feed herself. Sometimes I dream of children who will eat everything I give them without complaining, eat quickly, and not make a mess. Oh, wait, I have Ciera. Thank goodness... at least that is one battle I won't have with her! I guess I will keep on trying with the little two, and maybe one of these days, there will be a miracle. Gotta love 'em!

4 comments:

Cox Family said...

Amen! I dread lunchtime almost everyday. My boys eat okay, well Sam does, but only lately.

Grandmotherfairy said...

I remember messes floors and sticky chairs...unfortunately, this too will pass. Give those sweet, sticky faces a love from grandma until I can do it myself.

Kasie West said...

Annette, with a dream like that, I think maybe you can be a fantasy writer. LOL Don't we all dream of perfect children...sigh. And then we wake up.

HeatherWasHere said...

How do they keep growing? How do they have the energy to expend running around the house ALL DAY! How does the poop come out with nothing ever going in? Its truly a childhood mystery.