THE TANNER FAMILY

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Colorful Dances

Beautiful Chloe with a polka-dot vest
Ciera and her friend Karley in their western outfits


Each year, Ciera and Chloe's school does a dance show. The children work for months on dances, and then they get to perform them for their families. Each grade level does a different dance, all with a common theme. It is really great, because all the children are involved, and get to perform the dances, even if they don't have any exposure to dance or the arts outside of school. It also is a great way for the children to get some exercise (at least a couple times a week) and have fun while they are at it!
This year's theme was "Colors". Ciera's grade (3rd) did square dancing to "The Yellow Rose of Texas", and Chloe's grade (1st) did "Tan Shoes with Pink Shoe Laces" (I think that is what it is called!). They did great, and I am so proud of them! Since Dave was in Nevada, I recorded their dances for him (minus the beginning of Chloe's... I pressed the wrong button... oops!) So, here they are if you'd like to see!


4 comments:

Zanny said...

How Fun!

Heather said...

So cute! Your girls shine when they dance. I'm glad you posted these videos.

Gill Dockstader said...

Annette, it was so fun catching up to everything your little family is up to!!!!!!!!!! P.s. Tell Dave the added punctuation was especially for him!!!!!!!!!! I know how much he enjoys it!!!!!!! Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandmotherfairy said...

Look like the girls take after their mom...thanks for posting those dances Annette, it is nice to be part of thinks even so far away.........