Last Friday through today was the Wylie School District's Arts Festival, called "Celebrate the Arts". They hold it every year, and it is a collection of artwork by students of all grades (chosen by their teachers), and performances by choirs and bands of each level. Friday was the kickoff, and we went to see the artwork that Chloe had there. She had made a ceramic bowl for a charity called "No empty bowls" (I think), that was being sold... all proceeds from the bowls going to this charity to feed the hungry. We bought Chloe's bowl! Additionally, Chloe had two pieces of artwork in the festival. One was a graphic art assignment, made partly on the computer. The other was her hand over a bright abstract drawing. Both pieces were assignments from her art class at school... she is doing so awesome!
Ciera was also in "Celebrate the Arts" with band. The Junior High band festival was last night, and we went to listen to her perform. Her band played three songs and did really well. I really liked the last one that they played... they did awesome! After they performed, they went into another room for the "sight reading" part of the competition. They were given 7 minutes to go over the music with their director (without playing at all), and then had to perform it. I was really impressed! It sounded really good, especially for their first time ever seeing it!
I am so proud of my girls. They are all so smart, and talented in so many different ways! I look forward to seeing how they grow and develop their talents over the coming years!
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I can't wait to see and hear the girls when I come…Chloe's art work is wonderful!!!
Cool art work!
They are super talented girls!
Post a Comment