THE TANNER FAMILY

Monday, November 24, 2008

Bring on the TURKEYS!



A great friend of mine was telling me of a fun craft that her family did for Thanksgiving... so I thought we would try it. Last week, Brooke, Autumn and I went a few places around town and collected fall leaves and pine cones. We laid the leaves out with books over them so we could flatten them and let them dry a bit. Tonight, for a fun family activity we made turkeys using the things we had gathered. It was a lot of fun to see each of the girls do their turkeys a little differently. Brooke glued her leaves in every direction all willy-nilly. Chloe put about 5 layers of leaves, and her turkey couldn't even stand up until she removed some of the leaves. Ciera was pretty meticulous about hers. (So was Dave, actually.) Autumn was not very interested until we glued on the face... she wanted to put on the "eye-balls". I think it was a successful activity, and the girls really had fun getting ready for Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Grandmotherfairy said...

What a cute FHE activity...you guys are so clever and the turkeys are darling.....

Alleman Family said...

Those turkeys are AWESOME!! We'll have to try those next year and take them up to my in-laws for some great centerpieces!

Heather said...

I love that idea! I'm going to do it next year, too.

Hamblin Family said...

That is a way great idea! I will have to try that one out next year!=) I just read everyone elses post and realized that they said same thing so it really must have been a great idea!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Cute blog...and I'm totally stealing that idea next fall ;)