
Here we are... out in the wilderness to chop down our own Christmas tree!

Ciera and Chloe being silly!

Cute Ciera...

Dave and I took turns with the little ones... it was his turn!

Paul Bunyan... I mean, Dave, cutting down our tree.

On Thanksgiving morning we woke up bright and early and drove into Idaho with our friends to cut down our tree. This was a new experience for my family... being from Southern California! The girls were so excited. We got there and looked around for a little while before deciding on the perfect tree for us. After we all cut down our trees, we loaded them up, along with the kids, and drove back home where we got our Thanksgiving Dinner underway! It was a great experience and a great day! I am grateful for my family and for the beauty all around us!
3 comments:
We are glad that you had fun!
What a wonderful tradition to start. I am so grateful that you are posting all of the things that you do...it makes the miles seem not so far. It looks like you all had a wonderful day...and Zann said dinner was delicious!!!
It's been so long since I've been out in the woods to chop down my own tree. Since Riverside, we have resorted to a fake tree... Which certainly has its charms (It's white and looks like a glowing snowball when it's all lit up), but I always miss the aroma of a fresh cut tree.
Post a Comment