I just wanted to end the year with some thoughts I have had recently. A lot happened in our family this year, mostly really great things. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who does everything in his power to make sure that I and our girls are safe, provided for, loved and cared for. He is an amazing man, husband and father. Dave made the decision this year to stop working for the University of North Texas, Dallas... to stop being a professor altogether, because he had an offer to work for Provident Metals that would allow him to provide more for our family. Since moving to Texas, our finances have been a struggle for many reasons, and this job change will provide the necessary resources or us to change that. It also allows for me to be able to stay at home again, which is such a blessing. I love him so much for living his life so carefully and doing what he knows the Lord wants for our family. I know that the Lord has a plan for each of us and that He knows us all individually. Sometimes we are going down a certain path for reasons we think we know, and then find out that we are on that path for completely different reasons. The great thing about following the path that you feel is right is that, for whatever the reason, you are going to be blessed and helped along the way. I know that Dave and I have been blessed so much since coming to Texas. We knew that this was the right path for us, even though we didn't like it at first. We did what we felt was right after much prayer and meditation. Now we see part of why we were supposed to come here. Being obedient to God's will is such a blessing!
I am so grateful to know that I have a loving Father in Heaven who knows me and my struggles, my needs, and my desires. I know that I have a Savior who suffered for me... He knows me personally and loves me. I feel comforted in my trials and strengthened in my weaknesses. I find such comfort in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I find such joy in knowing that my family can be eternal. I have such hope for my sweet girls to grow up to be strong, confident, virtuous, compassionate, righteous women with the gospel of Jesus Christ to guide them. I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It fills my life with meaning and direction. I love my sweet family and I look forward to a wonderful 2014 together!
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Beautifully said, Annette. Thanks for sharing.
So grateful for my sweet little family in Texas…my heart aches to be closer to you!
Well put, and very timely for me! Thank you!
Post a Comment