THE TANNER FAMILY

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

For Thanksgiving this year, our friends, the Merrick family, invited us to join them and a few other families for dinner.  I was volunteered to make rolls (yummy!), and green bean casserole, and pies.  We always make our own dinner even when we are eating somewhere else (leftovers!), so I got started baking pies on Tuesday.  Wednesday I made more pies and put together the casserole.  Today I finished with the rolls.  Four batches!  I ended up making 6 pies, (plus one gluten-free, dairy-free cake for Alisha, Zara and Evangeline), and 116 rolls!  It was a lot of baking, but everything turned out really good, and all of the other food from everyone else was really yummy too.  It was a great day!!
I wanted to get some family pictures while we were there, so I had one of our friends snap some family pictures, and I got some of the girls individually and together.  Some of them turned out pretty good!!  I am so excited to get them printed... but here are some of them for a sneak peek...




I am so grateful for the blessings that we have received this year.  I feel so lucky to have good jobs, a home to live in, food on our table, and good friends.  I am grateful for our family (even though they are far away!), and for their love and support.  I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ that gives my life meaning and direction in this crazy world we live in.  I love my sweet family so much!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: