
I have been posting a lot of things we have been doing this month... we have been very busy! The other night we made ghosts to hang in our front yard.


The girls and I mostly made the ghosts (Dave did make one!), and then Dave hung them in the trees out front (with a little help from us!). It is something we have been doing for a few years now, and the girls really look forward to it!

For Dave's birthday, I made three pies. I made a pumpkin, a pecan and an apple. Not to toot my own horn, but I make darn good pies. I love to bake pies... I love the crust, and I love just about every filling! Since moving to Texas, my pie making ability has gone downhill. My crust never turns out right. This time was no exception. My crust would not work right, even after three attempts. Which made the pies not turn out right. They were satisfactory pies... some would even say they were good pies. But they were not my top-quality pies. (Which was a big bummer.) But... they were for Dave, and I did put a lot of time and effort into them... which made them A-OK.


I also made Dave a special dinner. I made jambalaya. I had never made it before, so I was a little nervous. It actually was really easy, and it tasted good. It was a little spicy, so the little girls didn't really love it... and I had one shrimp (I promised Dave I would make him a dish with shrimp and that I would try it...), and then I gave my other shrimps to Ciera and Chloe.

Dave opened his presents after work, and the girls were so excited!
All in all, it has been a fun month, and Dave's birthday was a great day too!!
3 comments:
Tell uncle Dave Happy belated birthday for us! Your pies look delicious, by the way.
You are super mom/wife, Annette! Seriously. No really, SERIOUSLY.
(Happy birthday, to Dave!)
What a sweet birthday...I love the little ghosts and the pies look yummy....
Post a Comment