THE TANNER FAMILY

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Smarty Pants and Daredevil

We had a great day today. We spent a lot of time as a family. We decided to go on a walk this afternoon around the neighborhood. Ciera and Chloe rode their scooters, and the little girls rode around in the wagon. On our walk, there is a slight hill where the girls like to go really fast on their scooters. It always scares Dave and I to watch, because their scooters get all wiggly, like they are going to eat it any second. Well, today it finally happened. Ciera made it to the bottom of the hill, going really fast, and then took a great spill at the bottom. She was very brave, and only cried a bit. Dave was very proud of his little girl... she had scrapes to equal some of the scrapes he has gotten. :)

On another note... not to brag (sort of), but our offspring are so smart. They probably are geniuses. Ciera and Chloe were reading at an early age (well before Kindergarten), and Brooke is the same. She has been reading for quite a while. She has been getting better and better over the past couple of months... and now is reading chapter books with only a little help on some of the words. She reads scriptures with us each night, and always amazes us with the words she reads on her own. She is only five, and is reading chapter books! I can't wait to see the things our kids will accomplish in their lives!

4 comments:

lori said...

You are right, your girls are smart! And pretty, and sweet, etc. But you already knew that didn't you?;) Tell Ciera those are some awesome injuries!

HeatherWasHere said...

Road rash! Cool! And you're right. They probably are geniuses. With parents like theirs, that's a no-brainer.

Grandmotherfairy said...

I can;t believe how much they change form post to post...they are all so beautiful and smart and brave...ouch Ciera

Karalynn said...

WOW! Reading that early! Is there any training involved with that, or are they really just geniuses? I'm looking for tips here, because I want to do the best for my kids' home education, ya know? BTW, tell Ciera those are some crazy battle scars, and tell the girls I love and miss them. Even though I only got to be a small part of their lives, I enjoyed every moment I got to spend with your family! I especially miss my lil' Brooke!