
I have found great enjoyment in canning my produce this fall. It is a lot of work, but I really feel a sense of accomplishment when I hear the little pops of the jar lids sealing after I have worked so hard to get them canned. I canned a lot of fruit, and fresh froze a lot of vegetables. We were able to use a lot of the vegetables from our garden, and our neighbor's brother let us come out and pick fruit from his trees. This year, with some help from my girls, Dave, and my neighbor Amy, I canned apple pie filling, peach pie filling, applesauce, plum jam, peach jam, and a ton of salsa. I also fresh froze peaches, green beans, carrots and beets.

We just finished with our last batches last night, and it feels really good to be done! I am really excited to be able to use our canned fruits and vegetables all year!
8 comments:
I am so JEALOUS! We didn't get enough from our garden to can anything this year. It looks so good and I think you should feel very proud of yourself!
Wow Annette! I am amazed and impressed with all your provident living!
yay! That is why I love having a garden-enjoy your food! :)
I think I see one of my fingers in those cans...
Wow! Where are you going to put it all! I miss canning food, I did it a few times when I was young, but wouldn't remember a thing now. Great job, Annette!
That is amazing Annette...you are a wonderful homemaker and are teaching your daughters wonderful homemaking skills...did you can any cauliflower:}
Very impressive. The only time I ever canned anything, I tried to make plum jam. It turned out to be more like plum drippy stuff. Apparently pectin doesn't work with plums. Bummer.
You're the woMAN, Annette!!
Post a Comment