THE TANNER FAMILY

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Autumn Susan, the Brave


Autumn has turned a corner in her development. Let me explain. Two weeks ago, Brooke and Autumn took swimming lessons. (No, I didn't take any pictures... bad me.) Brooke took a preschool class, and did great. Autumn took the mommy & me class (yes, I got in the water with her EVERY day... raining or not) and she had some success, but didn't come away from it any better with water. In fact, she was more frightened of water than before she started. Before swimming lessons, she would jump into the water to me, she would get her face wet, and she was comfortable in the pool. During lessons, she became so uncomfortable that she wouldn't let me move her from my hip. It was very frustrating.
Then... last week, we were at the pool and she jumped in off the side. Her face got wet. She LIKED it! She then jumped in, going all the way under water, again and again, and again, and again. Each time we go to the pool now, she jumps right in, goes underwater, and LOVES to swim. It is great. She even pretends that the bath is a pool, and puts her face in the bathwater. She has taken to swimming just like a little fish. (I promise I WILL take some pictures of the girls at the pool soon...)

3 comments:

Grandmotherfairy said...

Yeah Autumn....I can't wait to see pictures of them all swimming...the pictures in the tub however are darling!

Sherry said...

What a doll! Hurrah for Autumn! Losing that fear is a big milestone. You better head to California and grandma's pool so she can show off!

lori said...

Good for Autumn! Kiss the girls for us!