THE TANNER FAMILY

Monday, September 1, 2014

Six Flags Over Texas

Some friends of ours invited our family to go to Six Flags Amusement Park the Saturday after school began.  (Also my birthday!)  Our girls had never been before, and had not really been on roller coasters before, so we decided it would be fun to go.  The first ride they wanted to ride when we got there was the carousel.  I remember carousels being fun.  This one left something to be desired... maybe because it was in a little covered room that was really hot, or that we waited for a few minutes and it was over really fast, or maybe because I sat on one of the benches for old people instead of on a horse.  Whatever the reason, I was ready to move on to something good!
The first roller coaster we went on was the Titan.  Not having been there before, we did not know what we were in for.  It is actually the tallest roller coaster there with the longest, steepest drop.  Yikes!  All of us went on.  It was scary!  Autumn said she didn't ever want to go on it again... she looked like crying!  We ended up going on another one, I think called Thunder Mountain.  I thought it would be like the Matterhorn at Disneyland.  We talked Autumn into trying one more roller coaster to see if she would like a more "tame" one.  That was our mistake.  This one was in a big, dark room, and it whipped around and around super fast.  She hated it.  We rode the log ride after that, and she liked that one! After that, some of the grown ups took the little kids to the kids area, and I took the older kids to ride the Batman roller coaster.  The line was 1 1/2 hours long, and so hot!  The ride was running backwards.  It was fun, but not worth waiting that long for.  All in all, we had a fun time... but I don't know that we will be going back any time soon!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Chloe....and it was actually called runaway mountain.....but it was pretty terrifying.