Since the beginning of August, Ciera has been working hard at marching band just about every day... She has said it is hard work, and was not too thrilled about it at first, but as time went on, she liked it a bit more, it became easier, and she ended up making good friends and good memories. One day, they got fitted for their marching uniforms and had their band pictures taken... since I was there, I snuck in and took pictures too! Ciera was so embarrassed...
On the last day of summer band, the entire marching band did the ALS "ice-bucket challenge". They all stood in a line and dumped ice-water over their heads in succession... it was funny to watch their reactions. (But I am sure it felt pretty good after a day of outside marching rehearsal! We have just begun all the craziness that is marching band season, and I am sure by the end Ciera will have learned a lot about herself, about music and marching, and about whether she wants to continue doing this throughout high school! We are so proud of her and her accomplishments!
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ciera looks cute in her band outfit!
Post a Comment