Girls Camp was from June 10th through June 14th. It was the week right after school got out, which turned out to be great because our weather was really awesome! I got to go as an assistant camp leader, and Ciera and Chloe (Chloe's first year!) got to go too. Dave's mom came on Sunday to spend time with us, and to watch Brooke and Autumn while I was at camp and Dave worked... which was SOOO nice. I didn't have to worry about my little ones while I was away!
Our Girls Camp is done by the Stake, so there were about 160 girls total... 30 of which were from our ward. The theme was "Anchored in Christ", and each ward got assigned a boat. Wylie First Ward was the Lifeboat. It was perfect. We talked about the purpose of a lifeboat to rescue people, and related it to our responsibility to rescue souls. It was great! We had a fun week filled with sweat, bugs, dirt, and lots of fun! It was a busy week, and we didn't get a lot of sleep, so the girls have been making up for it since!! Ciera and Chloe both crashed out the afternoon we got home (and have been sleeping in all week since!)!! I am so glad we had the opportunity to go to Girls Camp together, and for the lessons we learned, and the fun times we had... making memories that will last!
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
How fun that you all got to be together…wonderful memories…I don't think I was ever at camp with Suzanna or Gill. Thank you for letting me come and stay with the younger girls…it was so much fun!
Post a Comment