This week has been spring break. It has been such a nice week... the weather has been wonderful, and we have had a lot of time to spend as a family. Dave and I have both worked some of the time, but we have done a lot of fun things too! (I didn't take pictures of most of it... sorry!)
Monday evening, we went and let the girls spend their "spring break money" from Grandpa Tanner, and then got some frozen yogurt and rented a movie to watch at home. We ate treats and stayed up late together.
Tuesday, the girls played at the park with friends for a long time, and then after Dave came home from work in the afternoon, we loaded up our bikes and went for a family bike ride at Breckenridge Park. We stopped at the stream and let the girls skip rocks and explore a little bit before heading back.
Wednesday morning I had jury duty, so Dave stayed home. I was let go after a half hour of sitting there, so I went to work for a few hours while Dave went to do a service for someone in our ward (helping move dirt into a raised garden box). After I got home, we went on a walk together, relaxed at home, and went to the gym as a family before Dave and Ciera had to go the church for mutual, and I had to go for choir practice.
Thursday, after Dave and I got home from work, we went to the Heard Wildlife Museum for some hiking. We spent a few hours there and walked along some trails that we had not been on in a while and one we had never been on. We saw some fun wildlife! It was really great!
Today, Friday, Dave went up with the young men and women for our Stake Youth Conference and I stayed home with the girls. We slept in, had a lazy morning, then after lunch we weeded the front flower bed and planted flowers, then planted peas and tomatoes in buckets in the back. We washed the van (Chloe's friend came over to play and she helped us too), and then the girls played all afternoon. We had pizza for dinner and have been just enjoying each other this evening. I look forward to a few more days together before the girls head back to school next week! It has been such a great week, I don't want it to end!
Friday, March 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment