Ciera was chosen to represent her school, along with a few others, in the district-wide UIL (University Interscholastic League) competition in Oral Reading. (Like Oral Interpretation from our youth...) The competition was last night, and Ciera was very positive (and a little nervous), but felt like she did a good job. She didn't win an award, but we are so proud of her and how hard she worked to get there. She was very happy and supportive of her teammates, and we think that makes her #1 to us!
Brooke was recognized this morning at her school's assembly for being the "Dino-kid" for January in her Kindergarten class. Her teacher had great things to say about her, including the fact that Brooke "knocks her socks off with her knowledge and reading skills!" She is a great little girl, and she knocks our socks off too!
Chloe is doing great in school, and along with her sisters, received straight A's on her report card last week. She is doing great in class, and has almost reached the 75 point milestone in AR (Accelerated Reader). We are so proud of her!
Autumn is still doing well in preschool, learning all of her letters and letter sounds, and starting to try to sound out simple words. She is a feisty little girl, and likes to try to do more things independently. (The picture is of her cheek after preschool last week when their teacher painted their faces!)
Dave is still a nerd. He is doing great at the University and really enjoys his job. He gets up SO early each morning to go to the gym to swim before he has to leave for his hour commute... I had to get a picture of him in his swim goggles. So cute.
And there you have it. I am surrounded by cute, smart nerds. And I love them all!
5 comments:
Nerds are the best, aren't they? I always love your family updates. Have a great weekend!!!
That is awesome, Annette! You do so well working with the girls!!! Can't wait to see ya'll soon!
Kudos to you, Annette. You spend a lot of time with the girls, and they are ready and reading before school! By the way, being a nerd is the new cool.
I love all those sweet nerds! They are beautiful and smart and I miss them so much! Can;t wait to see you all in a couple mocnths!
I love it!! I thought that was just your way of making sure that Dave didn't loose his glasses! Glad to hear that you are all doing well.
Post a Comment