THE TANNER FAMILY

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of School in Texas

Well, we made it to Texas. Barely. I will have to do another post telling our "moving story" when I have time, but for now I will focus on the first day of school.Monday, August 23, my Brooke started Kindergarten. In Texas (at least in Wylie) Kindergarten is all day. From 7:30am to 2:30pm. That is a long time... I was worried about how Brooke would handle it. I shouldn't have worried. She did great. In fact, when I was talking to her last weekend, I was saying how much I was going to miss her when she was in school. She told me not to worry, she would come home right when school got out. She is a good girl... and she did great.Ciera and Chloe got to start 5th and 3rd grade on Monday too. They both were excited and nervous, but of course they did great as well. Ciera started intermediate school and gets to switch classes throughout the day... which she loves. She feels so grown up. Chloe has a really good teacher and is already making friends... she does so well every time they start back to school!
I thought that Autumn would have a hard time with her sisters all gone... she is doing great. She loves having "mommy time" all day. It has been so hot that we bought a little inflatable pool to cool off in... Autumn played in it for a long time today.

This transition has been a difficult one, but I think we all are going to be okay.

6 comments:

Cox Family said...

I'm glad things are going well so far. Good luck with the heat! We look forward to coming out and visiting.

Grandmotherfairy said...

Thank you for the update Annette. the girls look beautiful! I am so glad that the first day of school went so well...miss you!

lori said...

Your girls look so cute! Glad to hear you made it alright. Can't wait to hear more.

Heather said...

Such cute pictures. Brook looks so grown up, too. I'm glad Ciera is doing well with the different school setting.

Zanny said...

You can't leave me hanging with "we barely made it"!!! Come on Annette! Get posting!!!
I'm so happy the girls did so great! That's wonderful, and the home you're in looks beautiful too. Give the girls a big love! We sure do miss you!

Hamblin Family said...

We still miss you but are so glad that you are feeling a little better about things! Keep us posted on all your goings on!