In the 13 years that Dave and I have been married, we lived for the first 4 years in Clovis, CA:

Then the next 6 years in Riverside, CA while Dave was doing graduate studies at UCR:

We then moved to picturesque Logan, Utah for the last 3 years.

Now it is time to move on. Dave was just offered a faculty position at the University of Guam. I know... GUAM. Such a far away, new place... but so beautiful!

We are excited for this new chapter of our lives, and hopefully it will prove to be an awesome adventure.
12 comments:
I can't believe it! How are the girls taking it? Oh, we're SO happy for you guys!!! But so sad for us! We're going to miss you guys so much! Let me know what we can do to help! Love you all!
WHAT???? I don't even know what to say! You need to send me an email with all the specifics. When you go, where exactly in Guam, etc. Congratulations!
What the WHAT!? Holy Mackerel! I mean, it's not like we ever saw each other anyway, but gee whiz!
Ok, I am calming down from the shock. Wow. Guam, huh? Yes, I think it will be absoLUTEly an awesome adventure. What a fantastic experience to live outside the US. I'm sure you'll fill us in with details later, but I would love to know how this all came about. Was it something you were actively looking to do or did it just unexpectedly fall into your laps?
Best best BEST of luck and please keep us all posted on absolutely everything. I love you!!!
So, Guam . . . that's still in Cache Valley, right? You won't really be moving from our happy little neighborhood already? What are you thinking?!?
Congratulations. We are really happy for you guys.
I've been doing lots of research on Guam. It looks beautiful. I am so anxious to hear more. Do you remember the Clarke's from C7 ward? They are serving a mission there, not sure if it is on the island of Guam exactly. I'll try to get more info.
Got online to do a tad bit of research on Guam. I have to admit I know nothing about it. :) Looks sooo beautiful! I can't believe it! When do you leave??
I am so happy and proud of your little family...if ever anyone was up for the adventure you guys are. My heart aches a little for the distance, but I have had my own witness that you are needed there. Thank goodness for email and blogs...you will have to start one for the girls.....love you all so much.......
How FUN!!! My hubby applied for a job in Guam once and I thought it would have been cool. You will have a great time! I'm so excited for you and yours!!
Holy cow! That is wonderful and crazy all at the same time. I am especially grateful we got to see you now that you will be far away!
GUAM???? As in the island that used to serve as a stopover for our troops during the WWII era and is very very far away???? What the...?!? Are you sure they really have a university there? WOWZERS! Who knew?
One of our relatives is a biologist for the USGS and just got back from a trip to Guam, tracking some of the wildlife. There will be plenty for Dave to study, that's for sure. Good luck!!!
Are you still moving there for sure? I mentioned this to Wayne and Libby Clarke, a senior couple from our Clovis 7th Ward that are serving a mission there, and they said to be sure and contact them and they will show you around and point out the desirable and not so desirable areas to live. They live just a block or two from the University of Guam. Let me know and I'll hook you up.
Post a Comment