THE TANNER FAMILY

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Not again...

Maybe I deserve it. I have been cutting my own hair since junior high school, so why wouldn't my children want to cut their own? As you know, we had a big hair cutting incident last year with Brooke and Autumn, but they were little. Bigger girls should know better, right? Well, we are not even half a month into 2010, and we have had our first unapproved hair cut of the year. Scared? You should be.
Ciera was standing by the counter, and the light was hitting her head just so. What I saw made me mad, sad, confused, upset... She had cut a chunk of hair front and center. A large chunk. She said that she had been dared. DARED. I couldn't believe it. I half wanted to leave it alone and let her live with the consequences of her choice. But, being the compassionate mom that I am, I fixed it the best I could. So now, Ciera has joined in the "girls with bangs". Don't look closely, for underneath the stylish bangs lurks a disaster. Luckily, I have cute girls.

7 comments:

Grandmotherfairy said...

Good job with the new cut Annette...you would never know there was disaster lurking behind those cute bangs...you should have done a before and after!!!

Heather said...

Hmmmm ... she can't resist a dare, huh? Wonder where she gets that from? She's still beautiful!

HeatherWasHere said...

Who dared her?

Annette Tanner said...

Some stupid boys in her class dared her and she just did it. Luckily it was just cutting her own hair, you know?!

lori said...

You did a great job covering it up! She looks cute with bangs.

Zanny said...

Next time I visit I'm confiscating ALL scissors!!!! :-)

Sherry said...

She looks beautiful Annette. You know when I was much older than Ciera short neckline hair cuts were very popular. Susan literally shaved a huge clipper wide wedge up the back of my head. Now that one was hard to hide. (Love you Susan:) do you remember?)