When I was pregnant with Autumn, I received a blessing that said (among other things) that Autumn would be a trial for me. I thought that meant that she would become a trial in her teen years. (What girl isn't?) After she was born, and developed colic, and cried (no, more like screamed) for six straight months, I thought that would be the trial. Then she got older. She still cried and screamed, and fussed, and was generally unhappy. About everything. I thought that would be the trial. Then she got older. And she started to get into mischief, both with Brooke and without. She is more moody than all of my other girls put together, and she gets into more trouble than them all combined too. Maybe that is the trial. Anyway, even with her moodiness, stubbornness, fussiness, and mischievousness, she is so darn cute. I can't help but smile (most of the time).
Take, for example, today. I was making some loaves of cinnamon swirl bread. Brooke and Autumn like to watch me bake, and I like them there. They also like to get onto the counter and sample what I am making. I don't really like that. Every time they climb up I tell them to get off the counter, and every time they try to sample I tell them to keep their hands out. Today was no exception. I was baking, and Autumn climbed up onto the counter and stuck her hands into the bag of brown sugar to help herself. I told her no, and to get down and keep her hands out. She said, as she climbed down, "There you go, meanie pants." That's Autumn for you. Gosh, we love her.
7 comments:
What a cute story! I can't believe that cute little Autumn could be so mischievious. She does have that look, though, that seems like she could get away with anything just with a smile.
An auspicious beginning, for sure!!! I had no idea. That you were such a meanie pants.
She sounds a LOT like I used to be as a kid. Brace yourself. It's gonna be a bumpy ride... But full of moments like this that make you scratch your head and chuckle behind her back, all the while playing the part of a good Meanie Pants Mama.
That is hilarious! She is a sweetheart in spite of her name-calling. :) Besides, at least she said that to you and not to a church teacher or something, right?
I love that. Meanie pants. Haha!
Dad and I laughed out loud...what a cutie...I hope you live through it! Can't wait to see you all.
You just have to laugh out loud. She is sooo adorable.
Post a Comment