THE TANNER FAMILY

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sledding, Bowling, and Acting... oh my!

Christmas Eve was a full day. We went sledding in the morning (which I forgot to take pictures of). There is a park close by that has some great sledding hills, and the girls didn't want to do anything to steep or fast, so we tried it. It took a while for them to get comfortable... but it ended up being fun! I am sure we will go again before the end of winter!
In the afternoon we went to the bowling alley with some friends for some good old fashioned fun! The girls had a blast! The adults played on one lane and all the kids were on another. It was really fun to watch the kids. They did such a great job! Dave and I had fun too. I beat Dave on our first game, but he beat me the second game. The girls want to bowl more often now, but I don't know!
Brooke and Nolan spent most of their time kissin' and huggin' instead of bowling!
In the evening, after our fun day of sledding and bowling, we read the Christmas story in the scriptures and the girls acted it out. They were too cute. Brooke and Autumn were wise men, Ciera was a shepherd, and Chloe was an angel. (Dave and I were Joseph and Mary... and we had a doll baby!)
After our nativity, Santa came early, and the girls each got a stuffed bear with clothes and accessories. They played for a few minutes and then climbed into bed to dream sweet dreams and wait for Santa Claus to come! It was a great day!

1 comment:

Grandmotherfairy said...

It looks like everyone had a very fun Christmas Eve and I'll bet no one shot Santa in the eye with a Nerf dart!!!!